WorkSafeBC Regulations – Critical Lifts
14.42.1 Critical Lift
- A written lift plan must be prepared for every critical lift and must be available at the worksite during the lift.
- The written lift plan required in subsection (1) must include the following:
- rigging details;
- wind speed limitations;
- maximum hoist line speed;
- maximum crane travel speed, if applicable;
- load distribution;
- the need for and position of signallers.
- At a pre-job meeting held immediately before commencing hoisting operations for a critical lift, the lift plan required in subsection (1) must be communicated to all people involved and the supervisor must document the meeting.
- The pre-job meeting required under subsection (3) must be repeated whenever there is a change in the people or equipment involved in the critical lift.
- Effective communication must be established and maintained between all people involved in a critical lift.
[Enacted by B.C. Reg. 320/2007, effective February 1, 2008.]
See the WorkSafeBC website for all OHS Regulations.
cranesafe + fulford certification | toll free: 1.888.952.6033 | phone: 604.398.5230 | email@example.com